The Village Hall is taking provisional bookings for September onwards.

George Thompson Events

The village hall committee met to discuss the re-opening of the hall yesterday. The decision was for the hall to remain closed for July. We will take provisional booking for September onwards, these bookings will be confirmed nearer the time depending on the then Government restrictions and guidance.

Our decision was based on the following:

Indoor exercise is still restricted by the Government, this means the majority of classes cannot be held.

The majority of Cafe customers are in the vulnerable category and we neither wish to transmit the virus to them or have our volunteers catch the virus.

While we could implement some measures, e.g. we have installed hand sanitisers, we can’t implement the strict cleaning requirements with using volunteers.

The committee will review this again in August. The next committee meeting will be on 10th August at 19:30.