Access Statement for East Meon Village Hall
We aim to provide a first class visitor experience to all visitors and user groups and are continuously looking to improve accessibility and facilities.
Access to the Hall
- All rooms are available to hire every day of the week. The booking calendar is kept updated on the web site www.eastmeonvillagehall.co.uk where there is also an on-line booking form.
- The caretaker provides access to the hall for all bookings apart from regular users who have their own key.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The Hall is located in Workhouse Lane, post code GU32 1PD, and has a pedestrian and vehicle access.
- There is one disabled car space available, located at the point in the car park that is closest to the Hall entrance.
- There are several other parking spaces available to Hall users. Other vehicles may use the free East Meon Village car park which is clearly signposted at the end of Workhouse Lane.
Public Areas – General
- The main hall can be accessed via a gently sloping ramp or steps, with handrail. There is level access to the ramp from the car park.
- Within East Meon Village Hall all rooms have a level access through doorways of at least 80 cm width.
- All areas of East Meon Village Hall are non-smoking areas.
Public Areas – Toilets
- There is one toilet within the Hall for the use of disabled people. Access is level.
- This toilet is unisex and there is no need for a key.
- The door opens inwards and locks by a twist lock.
Public Areas – Kitchen
- There is a gas cooker, glasswasher and fridge/freezer available to all users.
- The worktops are at a height where wheelchair users may have some difficulties.
- The Hall has an induction loop installed. It is the responsibility of Hall users who wish to take advantage of the loop to use suitable microphones at their event to feed the loop system.
- The Hall has microphones and a public address system for this purpose.
- Contact with the Booking Secretary and Committee can be made through the website www.eastmeonvillagehall.co.uk where there are booking and contact forms.