Conditions of the Sale of Alcohol
If you are proposing to serve alcohol at your event or any money changes hands for whatever reason, then you must abide by rules laid down by the Village Hall Committee and the Premises Licence.
- The Committee maintains the right to disallow the sale of alcohol if it feels it is inappropriate.
- There must be a named person to take responsibility for upholding the Licensing Law and also a deputy should the first person be unavailable.
- The bar must close by 11:30 pm and the premises vacated by 12 midnight. The bar may close at 1:00 am on New Year’s Eve.
- Alcohol must only be served and consumed within the hall premises.
- In order to prevent crime and disorder anyone suspected of being drunk and disorderly and/or in possession of drugs or a lethal weapon will be asked to leave the premises.
Payment of £30 will enable you to take advantage of the Village Hall Premises Licence. For bookings of less than 20 people attending the charge is £15.
East Meon Village Hall,